Tips To Help Prevent Mold Damage
Two common problems in Ohio are water damage and mold growth. These messes can be invasive and quite expensive to handle correctly. Prevention is key in these situations. Identifying and being aware of the signs help you stop water or mold damage before they start.
As water damage commonly causes mold, spotting it can be the difference between an annoyance, an inconvenience, or a complete issue to clean up. Unfortunately, it’s not always obvious, so you must be astute. Pay attention to these common signs:
- Unpleasant odors due to water stagnating in a location of your home
- Mold visibly growing someplace
- Peeling paint, particularly on any drywall, as moisture may loosen the paint’s adhesiveness
- Ceilings or walls start showing stains
- Flooring is wet, has an odd smell, or begins to lose its integrity
- Sagging with your ceilings or walls
According to the CDC, “The most common indoor molds are Cladosporium, Penicillium, and Aspergillus.” Again, prevention is your aim when it comes to mold. Take these tips into consideration to reduce the mold risk in your home:
- Control humidity levels
- Fix any plumbing issues on sight
- Clear any clutter and try to maintain order
- Provide your home with proper ventilation and airflow
- Spills require immediate attention to clean up the water and wet items
Keep in mind if you do recognize signs of mold or water damage, taking action right away is imperative. These problems can sneak up on you if you aren’t proactive or don’t notice the warning signs. While reiterating that prevention is best, proper cleanup is possible through professionals. If you should need professional assistance, LM Companies, LLC is licensed for mold damage and remediation.
We are available 24-7 for water, mold, and odor damage in Northeast Ohio, including all major holidays! Contact us today to begin the process of restoring your residential or commercial property.
Call us if you need mold assistance: 330-688-7680